My interests vary from time to time but I'm always involved in some form of art creation: AI art generation, digital graphics, sketching, acrylic/or watercolors, mixed media art, photography, quilting, zentangling, handmade cards, etc, I move from one to another, back and forth between different artistic genres. Here's My Art Bag of the most current things I'm up to. Take a look and leave a message... I'd love to hear what you think.

Sunday, September 4, 2022

Circus Time, Our Midweek Muse

I've never been to a real circus, but as a kid I always wanted to go to one.   

At my current age - definitely a senior citizen - I'm conflicted about circuses.  I don't know how circuses are considered nowadays, but I think some people worry about the animals.  

I think the athleticism and expertise of the circus acts are commendable and very exciting, the clowns are funny, but have always scared me a little, and I guess I must worry about the animals a bit, too, because this is how my artwork turned out for this challenge.  


Originally my plan was to do some art containing a happy clown, but I just couldn't make that happen.  So here we are.  I do love elephants, but I don't think they are still workers in current circuses.

Thanks for stopping by!  Until next time...

14 comments:

sirkkis said...

Wonderful digital art, love it 💚 I agree a circus is not the most happy place to animals. I was in a circus in 60s, so long time ago.
Have a happy September 🌺

Sim said...

A sad clown, an unhappy elephant, a little pretty doll and some well-advised words...
Well, that makes a very beautiful image, filled with feelings and poetry.
Well played Barb!

Gillena Cox said...

Fantastic response to the prompt. Barb, Thanks for dropping by my blog.

Much💛love

Michele said...

this is absolutely MARVELOUS! xo

Taluula said...

Lovely quirky piece. Love it.

Deann said...

This is wonderful what a great imagination. I love the elephant on the bubble.

Barb said...

Thanks, Sirkkis! Your circus in the 60s must have been quite an experience. Happy September to you, as well!

Barb said...

Thank you, Sim. I was a bit nervous about being a "circus downer" on this piece, but it just came together this way, and I ended up loving it. It might be one of my favorites. I'm glad you liked it!

Barb said...

Thanks, Gillena! A Circus Time challenge is so open-ended, I imagine we'll get a lot of different ideas on this theme. Lots of good artwork so far!

Barb said...

Thank you, Michele, I'm so happy you liked it! :)

Barb said...

Haha, Taluula, that's exactly how I saw it - I loved it but wondered if it wasn't TOO quirky! And I ended up loving it. Thanks for commenting!

Barb said...

Hi Deann! Thank you - That's the graphic I started with - I had other ideas, but that elephant kept coming back to me so I worked around him. I love elephants! 🐘

Anonymous said...

Well, this is fun!!!!!!!!

Anne (cornucopia) said...

Great art piece and I agree with the points you made about circuses.