My interests vary from time to time but I'm always involved in some form of art creation: AI art generation, digital graphics, sketching, acrylic/or watercolors, mixed media art, photography, quilting, zentangling, handmade cards, etc, I move from one to another, back and forth between different artistic genres. Here's My Art Bag of the most current things I'm up to. Take a look and leave a message... I'd love to hear what you think.

Wednesday, September 14, 2022

Pyramids - Our Midweek Muse

Pyramids is the Challenge theme this week at Our Midweek Muse.

I loved the colors in this piece, the bright blue was kind of surprising, it worked so well with the pyramids/desert colors.  Hummm, that makes me think of the abundnce of the color turquoise in our Southwestern desert jewelry and artworks here in New Mexico, USA.  The sandy colors and this bright blue must be complimentary on the color wheel.  

Anyway, I loved the effect but it was a bit too pretty, so I grunged it up with a bunch of overlays and I liked the end result, so that's what I went with.


Again, this was a fun Challenge and I enjoyed putting this piece together! 

Thanks for stopping by.  Until next time...



14 comments:

Taluula said...

Exceptionally beautiful artwork .... and yes the colours are magnficient.

Sim said...

Wouaouh! This artjob is really impressive Barb! I love it.
The grunge effects are perfect and the spirit is moving.
I wonder how it is to live in the south New Mexico desert...
(I have read almost all of Tony Hillerman's books, and I love them all!
I think you must know it well.
The landscapes he describes with such poetry really fascinate me :)

sirkkis said...

A gorgeous artwork. The colors are very beautiful and match really well 👏

Anne (cornucopia) said...

I love this! Great idea.

Deann said...

Wow that's fabulous...well done.

artur said...

Felicitats !. Has aconseguit un bon resultat en aquesta composició, amb uns colors ben trobats.
Bon diumenge ;)

Barb said...

Taluula, thank you! Haha, you may be seeing these colors in more of my work!

Barb said...

Thank you, Sim! I grew up in the San Francisco Bay Area and we always vacationed by camping in the redwoods. I'm surprised by how much I appreciate the desert. Summers are very hot, but dry and that helps a lot, and then we have monsoons that come along and cool things off and give water to the desert plants. The two "shoulder seasons," spring and fall, are my favorite times of year, and then winter... It's the coldest time, some snow but seldom and not deep, which I love. Mainly very pleasant winters. I, too, have read a lot of Hillerman's books and enjoyed them. :)

Barb said...

Thank you, sirkkis, I appreciate your comment!

Barb said...

Thanks, Anne, I appreciate it!

Barb said...

Thanks, Deann - I was really happy with the way this came out. The beautiful colors surprised me! lol

Barb said...

Thant you, Artur, Good Sunday to you, too! I appreciate your kind remarks. :)

Sim said...

Thank you for your long and generous answer Barb.
I don't know by what chance I came across it while going through your blog.
I've never set foot in the desert (neither in the USA nor elsewhere), but I feel like I know it after having read and loved a lot of literature that takes place in the desert. A book that made a big impression on me was Edward Abbey's called 'A Season in the Wilderness'.

Barb said...

"A Season in the Wilderness," that sounds like a book I'd love. Thanks, Sim, I'm going to check my library and see if they have it! GUESS WHAT? I just checked my audio book files, and I've already downloaded it! It's 11.5 hours long, love, love, love those long books, that will be next on my list. 😊