My interests vary from time to time but I'm always involved in some form of art creation: AI art generation, digital graphics, sketching, acrylic/or watercolors, mixed media art, photography, quilting, zentangling, handmade cards, etc, I move from one to another, back and forth between different artistic genres. Here's My Art Bag of the most current things I'm up to. Take a look and leave a message... I'd love to hear what you think.

Sunday, September 11, 2022

Fur and/or Feathers - Art Journal Journey

The Challenge this month at ART JOURNAL JOURNEY is Fur and/or Feathers.

As dusk is coming and the light is fading, on a hill overlooking a small village below, we have three little cats in a tree watching us - representing "fur," and three black hens like my Black Australorps eating corn kernals - to represent "feathers."  

It will be dark soon, time for the cats to go to their bed for a warm night's sleep, and for the chickens to roost in their tree and sleep till dawn.  


Thanks for stopping by.  Until next time...



10 comments:

Neet said...

What an absolutely divine painting. I love everything about it, such a delightful composition. I love your background and the addition of the tiny cats and lovely hens is so beautiful. Thank you so much for joining with my theme at Art Journal Journey.
Hugs, Neet x
ps I love your blog header too x

Barb said...

Thank you, Neet! What a nice comment, I appreciate it. ♥️ This was a really fun project.

Deann said...

Beautiful work Barb, I love the huge perspective...great job.

My name is Erika. said...

Those 3 little cats are an adorable addition to your piece Barb. I like it very much and they certainly have fur. Thanks for joining us for Neet’s challenge at AJJ. Hope all is well. Hugs Erika

Barb said...

Thanks, Deann! I appreciate your comment. :)

Barb said...

Thank you for your comment, Erika! Such nice words. :)

craftytrog said...

A beautiful piece of art!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

What a stunning beauty. I adore that painting. I love the back story. It read like a fairy tale. It is a wonderful piece of art and a great entry for Neet's theme at Art Journal Journey, Barb. Thanks for joining us.

Valerie-Jael said...

Wonderful painting, so beautiful. Thanks so much for linking to AJJ, hugs, Valerie

Sharon Fritchman said...

Oh wow! What a gorgeous painting! I love that both fur and feathers are represented here!