My interests vary from time to time but I'm always involved in some form of art creation: AI art generation, digital graphics, sketching, acrylic/or watercolors, mixed media art, photography, quilting, zentangling, handmade cards, etc, I move from one to another, back and forth between different artistic genres. Here's My Art Bag of the most current things I'm up to. Take a look and leave a message... I'd love to hear what you think.

Sunday, September 25, 2022

Emboss It - Try it on Tuesday

Our Challenge this time at Try it on Tuesday was an interesting one:  Emboss It.

I didn't go down any rabbit holes trying to find embossed pieces, once I saw this one of the gold Nobel Peace Prize Medal with Alfr. Nobel on the medal, that was it for me.  It's so rich looking!

It was easy to find information about the Medal.  All medals made before 1980 were struck in 23 carat gold. Since then, they have been struck in 18 carat green gold plated with 24 carat gold. The weight of each medal varies with the value of gold, but the weight is set to 175 g for all medals, except for the Medal for the Prize in Economic Sciences. Its weight is set to 185 g.

Thanks for stopping by.  Until next time...


2 comments:

Let's Art Journal said...

What a beautiful piece! The gold with the embossing looks so rich and elegant 😊. Thanks so much for joining in the fun at Try it on Tuesday! Hugs Jo x

Meggymay said...

A wonderful project and medal image, the gold embossing looks fantastic. Thank you for linking with us at Try it on Tuesdays.
Yvonne