My interests vary from time to time but I'm always involved in some form of art creation: AI art generation, digital graphics, sketching, acrylic/or watercolors, mixed media art, photography, quilting, zentangling, handmade cards, etc, I move from one to another, back and forth between different artistic genres. Here's My Art Bag of the most current things I'm up to. Take a look and leave a message... I'd love to hear what you think.

Monday, September 12, 2022

Roses - Tag Tuesday

The challenge for this fortnight's tag is "Roses."

I created this tag from some tea-stained copy paper I made, then added scraps of papers and materials I had on hand.  Just a lot of ephemera!  Everything got inked around the edges and glued down, a hole was punched and I inserted a grommet/washer on the top and pounded it down.  

Then I added the stamp "Appreciate everything" and outlined it.  I also colored in the little black and white picture of the flower on the lower left corner with some colored felt tipped pens.

Next I glued six fabric roses onto the branch.

This tag has a pocket, so I used my felt tipped colored pens to add color to a picture of a flower, glued one of the fabric roses on it, and inserted it into the pocket.



I was happy with the way it turned out.  😊

Thanks for stopping by.  Until next time...



9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fabulous tag, love the idea of the pocket with the rose tucked into it. Thank you for joining us on Tag Tuesday.

Michele said...

what a gorgeous tag and a truly appropriate sentiment! thanks for linking to tag tuesday! xo

Gillena Cox said...

Very interesting tag. Happy Tuesday.

Much💛love

Valerie-Jael said...

I LOVE your beautiful tag! Thanks so much for joining us at Tag Tuesday, and hope to see you there again! Hugs, Valerie

Barb said...


Thank you! I love putting pockets on some of my tags, they are great places to add very small, very pretty ephemera. :)

Barb said...

Thanks, Michele - I really enjoyed this challenge!

Barb said...

Thanks Gillena, I appreciate your comment!

Barb said...

Thank you, Valerie-Jael, I did a series of these tags - you know, once you get going, it's hard to stop with one! They were fun...

Sandra Wright. said...

What a lovely Tag, love the pocket feature.
Thank you so much for joining us at Tag Tuesday x