My interests vary from time to time but I'm always involved in some form of art creation: AI art generation, digital graphics, sketching, acrylic/or watercolors, mixed media art, photography, quilting, zentangling, handmade cards, etc, I move from one to another, back and forth between different artistic genres. Here's My Art Bag of the most current things I'm up to. Take a look and leave a message... I'd love to hear what you think.

Saturday, October 1, 2022

Fairytales, Folklore, & Fables - Tell Me A Story - Art Journal Journey

Our Challenge for October at Art Journal Journey is "Fairytales, Folklore, & Fables - Tell Me A Story."

I thought about some books I read when I was young, and also my first two real "reading" books that were given to me for one of my birthdays in grammar school, and decided to use those books as the base of my artwork for the Fairtales, Folklore, & Fables part of the Challenge.  Then I told the story of these books a little bit.  I was six years old in that photo, so I was in the second grade, and already reading pretty well, I'd guess. 

It's a little hard to read the text, if you're interested in what it says, just click on the piece and it will enlarge for you.  😊

Thanks for stopping by.  Until next time...



6 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

What an amazing journal page. You definitely have everything covered. I really enjoyed reading the message about your fables and fairy tales and how you kept those books until you passed them on to your daughter. That quote by Corrigan was brilliant and further enhanced your story. Thank you so very much for sharing this with us at Art Journal Journey using Elle's theme.

Anonymous said...

I had Aesop’s fables as a child too. Very cool!

pearshapedcrafting said...

What a wonderful page this is, I loved reading about your love of books and also remons me that

My name is Erika. said...

What a fantastic spread Barb. I love how you used book covers. The ones you used are just beautiful covers. And I like your story too. I remember the books in my family's library when I was a child also. Thanks for joining us at Art Journal JOurney for Elle's challenge, and happy new week. hugs-Erika

Empire of the Cat said...

love the page Barb! Those book covers are great and I love that quote at the bottom about rather be reading a book lol. I feel the same way, I grew up reading a lot too. Thanks for joining me for the October theme at Art Journal Journey this month Elle/Empire of the Cat xx

Rika said...

wonderful collage, Barb.