My interests vary from time to time but I'm always involved in some form of art creation: AI art generation, digital graphics, sketching, acrylic/or watercolors, mixed media art, photography, quilting, zentangling, handmade cards, etc, I move from one to another, back and forth between different artistic genres. Here's My Art Bag of the most current things I'm up to. Take a look and leave a message... I'd love to hear what you think.

Wednesday, January 18, 2023

Use a Photo - Art Journal Journey

For January, the Art Challenge at Art Journal Journey is:  Use a Photo.  I took a photo of a hand-made canvas journal cover I put together last year.  I love the journal, and the cover graphic turned out really well, I thought.  So it's not only a photo, but a photo of a photographer on the cover of a journal!  And I added an old camera in the corner, a theme within the theme?

The journal has three signatures and the pages are made from magazine spreads, different kinds of plain and tea-dyed papers, half pages, pages of different shapes, etc.  Most are decorated and embellished with pockets, envelopes, tags, and other kinds of ephemera.  There's even a piece of canvas in the center of the middle signature upon which I printed a photo spread of the front of my house.  

It's my favorite journal; I've had it for a year now, but so far I haven't wanted to actually journal in it... I just love looking at it. 

Thanks for stopping by.  Until next time...






2 comments:

artur said...

T'ha quedat una bona portada !!
Salut ;)

My name is Erika. said...

That is such a great journal cover. And it is great to step outside your comfort zone, isn't it? And the new year is a good time to do that, no I take that back, anytime is. Thanks for joining us for Mia's challenge at AJJ. hugs-Erika