My interests vary from time to time but I'm always involved in some form of art creation: AI art generation, digital graphics, sketching, acrylic/or watercolors, mixed media art, photography, quilting, zentangling, handmade cards, etc, I move from one to another, back and forth between different artistic genres. Here's My Art Bag of the most current things I'm up to. Take a look and leave a message... I'd love to hear what you think.

Wednesday, September 14, 2022

Peter Pan - Sunday Postcard Art

Our theme this week at Sunday Postcard Art is "Peter Pan."  

I didn't have any preconcieved ideas on what to do for this Challenge, and I didn't have any graphics on the subject in my files, that I knew of.  But you never know, and as I was working on it, things kind of fell into place.

The text I added explains who Peter Pan was. I had forgotten all these facts for years and years, and enjoyed being reminded about him.

When I had it complete, I wanted to add some stars from Peter Pan's hand to the ship flying in the sky, so I searched through my Star graphics folder, and low and behold, there was one that had Tinkerbell with the tiny stars!  How cool is that?  So I added Tinkerbell to the side of the flying ship and the stars from the ship to Peter's hand and called it "done."  😊

Thanks for stopping by.  Until next time... 





7 comments:

Deann said...

This is so cool that background is magical and I love the history you included...well done my friend.

Barb said...

Thanks, Deann, it was interesting to read about Peter Pan's beginnings... :)

Anne (cornucopia) said...

Wonderful.

Barb said...

Thank you, Anne! :)

Sim said...

How beautiful!
I love your layout, like a book cover, with the explanatory text in an insert.
The characters, stars and BG are superb!
One word Barb: BRAVO!

Barb said...

Thank you, Sim! What a nice comment, I appreciate it!

Michele said...

there is something so sweet about this creation, you've captured his innocence well i think, and the stars made it perfect. xo