My interests vary from time to time but I'm always involved in some form of art creation: AI art generation, digital graphics, sketching, acrylic/or watercolors, mixed media art, photography, quilting, zentangling, handmade cards, etc, I move from one to another, back and forth between different artistic genres. Here's My Art Bag of the most current things I'm up to. Take a look and leave a message... I'd love to hear what you think.

Saturday, May 26, 2018

Faces - Sunday Postcard Art Challenge


Our challenge this week at Sunday Postcard Art is Faces.

Many years ago when I lived in Placerville, CA, my friends and I drove to Folsom to attend a Psychic Fair.  I'd never heard of such a thing, but it was really fun and fascinating. There was one woman there who, for a nominal fee, would study you and "see your guide."  And then she would do a chalk drawing of the guide she saw.

When it was my turn, she said I had many guides, and she wasn't sure which one to choose, but there was a young Indian warrior who seemed to be strongest, and asked if I wanted her to draw him.

I was clueless and said, sure.  She asked me what color I wanted her to use, and since I had just decorated my bedroom in pink flowers - my only "girlie bedroom" ever (and I LOVED it!) - I said pink.

She said, "Well, he's a very masculine presence, but okay, let's use pink.  That will work."

I've always loved this chalk portrait, it's pretty old now and the pink colors are faded.  It's the only framed item I brought when I started full-timing in my motor home.  I took photos of everything hanging on the walls that I loved.  Somehow I feel protected with him looking over me.  Like a Guardian Angel.  Who knows if the whole "guide" thing is true, but wouldn't it be nice if it is?

So, this is from a photo I took before leaving home, and I added a few elements to it.

My Guide.

Thanks for visiting...  see you next time!

6 comments:

Kimbopolo said...

Very cool. What a great story!

Rosie said...

Wow, your card is absolutely amazing, love it.

Thank you for playing with us at Sunday Postcard Art

Cindy McMath said...

What a great story, and an amazing portrait.

Deann said...

A lovely postcard.

Lori Saul said...

A wonderful card of mystery!

Mandy Chilvers said...

what a wonderful story behind your creation. wonderful