My interests vary from time to time but I'm always involved in some form of art creation: AI art generation, digital graphics, sketching, acrylic/or watercolors, mixed media art, photography, quilting, zentangling, handmade cards, etc, I move from one to another, back and forth between different artistic genres. Here's My Art Bag of the most current things I'm up to. Take a look and leave a message... I'd love to hear what you think.

Monday, May 21, 2018

Clowns - Sunday Postcard Art Challenge

Our challenge this week at Sunday Postcard Art is Clowns

You know what?  I hate clowns!  But I found so many really nice clown elements to use in this challenge that weren't ugly or scary.  I was surprised.  I guess I don't hate clowns.  Just the ugly, scary ones.

Stephen King said, "Nobody likes a clown at midnight."  And I guess that just about sums it up for me. 

Thanks for stopping by - see you next time...

6 comments:

Kimbopolo said...

Lol on the Stephen King comment! Not fond of clowns either, but yours is downright cute. Love the background.

Kay Wallace said...

Thanks for the kudos on my sample piece, Barb! And, now, kudos to you on this great clown art! This clown is easy to love! How I feel about your clown reminds me of my favorite cartoon character when I was a child and that was Casper the Friendly Ghost! Thanks for participating in the Sunday Postcard Art challenge this week. It was my pleasure to host it! Hugs, Kay

Cindy McMath said...

Barb, i relate to your post. I also don’t like scary clowns and Stephen KIng makes a good point! I’m not a super fan of clowns in general but I have enjoyed everyone’s art this week and nobody used anything too scary, which was nice. :) I think your friendly clown is great and certainly not scary, although I’m not sure I’d like to run into him at midnight. :)

Anne (cornucopia) said...

Wonderful sketch artwork. Nice color choices.

Deann said...

Love this he is adorable.

Mandy Chilvers said...

hi, i thought i'd commented earlier in the week, this is fabulous postcard. im not a keen lover of clowns at all, they are so weird and creepy.