My interests vary from time to time but I'm always involved in some form of art creation: AI art generation, digital graphics, sketching, acrylic/or watercolors, mixed media art, photography, quilting, zentangling, handmade cards, etc, I move from one to another, back and forth between different artistic genres. Here's My Art Bag of the most current things I'm up to. Take a look and leave a message... I'd love to hear what you think.

Monday, December 4, 2017

Sunday Postcard Art - Challenge: ELVES


Elves was this week's theme at Sunday Postcard Art.

The background is one of my own photos - I used a free app, Painnt, to get the rough brush strokes and a more artistic look then adjusted the transparency to fade it a bit.  The rest of the digital graphics I chose from my files, tinkered with them a bit, and layered.

I've posted three Art Challenge websites at the top of the right sidebar so I can easily click over (and you can, too).  This is my first challenge effort - I'm very curious how my style and abilities will change and grow as I go forward.  And learn Photoshop Elements!  I put this piece together on CraftArtist2, an old program that is no longer available.  I have different photo/art apps that I use for various effects and I'm sure Elements has them all in one program. 

See you next time...

10 comments:

Kimbopolo said...

Love everything about this - the colors, composition, elements. A completely charming take on the theme!

Kim

Barb said...

Thanks, Kim! I had so much fun making it!

our awesome travels said...

Sure looks like you are keeping yourself busy having too much fun.

Wanderin' said...

Pretty cool for sure !!!

Cindy McMath said...

Lots of fun elements here. I especially like your background - it looks like it could be a painting. Digital art fascinates me but I am still in the analog world.

Deann said...

A wonderful collection of elements I love your sweet little elf in the corner...great job.

Unknown said...

Really like the value contrasts, Barb.

Lori Saul said...

Such a great festive card!

Mandy Chilvers said...

gorgeous postcard. thanks for joining in with the Sunday Postcard Art challenge blog :-)

Aimeslee Winans said...

Hello, Barbara! Thanks for visiting me and although I'm a paper gal, I do love your digi piece! The tree is quite interesting and I love how you made your photo into your background. PSE is fun and I use it quite often even though just for hybrid stuff. Cute Elf Crossing and Elf, too! xoxo